Tip of the Month
Body tension can interfere with your breathing, big time!
Stand up to try this experiment:
1. Lock your knees. Breathe in as deeply as possible through your nose. Now relax, and again breathe in as deeply as possible through your nose.
2. Tighten just your buttock muscles; breathe as above; release, breathe as above.
3. Tighten just your abdominal muscles; breathe as above; release; breathe as above.
4. Stick your chin out; proceed as above.
5. Tighten just your top lip; proceed as above.
I'll bet you noticed that ANY exterior muscular tension limited your ability to breathe deeply, even something as small as your top lip. Keep this in mind. When you breathe, relax completely to get the most benefit.